Saturday, July 23, 2011

sprucin' up the kitchen...

i love my little house. one of the things i don't love though is the lack of electrical outlets...and when they are in a room they are in such odd places...in the middle of the wall, 4 feet off the floor! in my kitchen someone had put in a long strip of outlets, which is nice, but i had to bunch everything up on that one little corner of cabinet space.



i do have one other outlet in the kitchen and it's in the middle of one of my walls. i have a small table there which has never really served much of a purpose.



i had the idea the other day to move my keurig coffee maker over to this table and set it up as my "coffee station". this would finally put my table to use and also free up some space on my other cabinet! i was excited about my idea. 



i liked this a lot better but then i decided i really needed to spruce up this table. i decided i wanted to paint it green. i've never painted a piece of furniture before so i was kind of nervous...i picked out the color that i wanted to use and then last night when i got off work i pulled the table out to my backyard. i sanded it down first...don't know if i really needed to or not, but i figured it wouldn't hurt. then i sprayed the first coat on. my wrists were killing me after the first coat! i think it was too much...pulling it out by myself and then spraying it too. i took some ibuprofen last night and then they were still hurting this morning when i woke up so i took some more. they finally quit hurting so i went out to spray my second coat. mom came over and helped me get it back it in, and i'm so happy with the way it turned out!!! and i know dad is happy that he didn't have to do this project for me : )






No comments:

Post a Comment