Friday, July 22, 2011

hold your tongue...

i blogged yesterday about my new favorite thing...pinterest! as i was just browsing through last night i saw this....


it immediately reminded me of a Bible verse that i've held tight to for many years. it's found in Exodus 14:14 and it says
             "The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
when i first found this verse someone was saying untrue things about me, and of course human nature is to tell everyone the truth...tell them your side of the story...the bad things the other person did to you. then one night i was reading my Bible and it was like this verse just jumped off the page at me and God said "I'll take care of it for you". and He always does. gheri, melissa and i were having lunch today and as we were talking this came up. both girls said this is something they've learned throughout life too. i told them i'd find this verse and email it to them...it's our "thought of the day" : )

No comments:

Post a Comment