Saturday, July 9, 2011

rich in friendship....

this past week has been so much fun! i had the chance to spend time with lots of friends and i never take that for granted. on tuesday night kimberly and i got together after work to celebrate her birthday. we ate at 5 guys...i had never been there and it was really good! i'm not a huge burger girl but it was great! the countdown is on for kimberly and grant's wedding and i'm so excited for them.
the very next night i had dinner with 4 girls i haven't seen in a VERY long time. i had dinner with melissa, ashley, mandy, and lisa all from nursing school. it blows my mind that i haven't seen a couple of these girls since we graduated 11 years ago!! aghhh!!!! i'm getting old!!! we had dinner at flight which i keep on hearing about but had not been to. it was pricey but let me tell you....it was amazing! they serve little "flights" of food and you can mix and match pretty much anything on their menu. they have recommendations or you can make your own. i made my own and got a little piece of breaded chicken, a small fillet of beef, and a small portion of lobster. it was all good but the lobster was to die for! mandy and i also split the crawfish dip before our entree and it was so delish. to end the night i mixed and matched my dessert and got the creme brulee, oreo cheesecake, and a smore! i know, i know....it was toooo much....but it was a special occasion! i'm putting pics below so you can see the little samples. poor lisa reacted to something on her pork and we thought we were going to have to rush her to the er! we were all a little nervous for a few minutes...but then she told us to quit staring at her...so i went back to eating my lobster! : )


me and lisa


mandy, melissa, and ashley


the whole group



my dinner entree



dessert : )


i ended out my fun week by having a day with mom today. we went out to the collierville mall today and did some shopping. unfortunately, the day started with me dropping my car off at the mini dealership...my low tire sensor was on. we didn't think it was any big deal but they found a nail in one of my tires. they said no one will patch or plug the type of tires i have on my car so i had to buy a new tire! so, i didn't shop quite as much as i might have if i hadn' t just purchased a $150 tire. mom and i had planned to eat at cheeburger cheeburger and get a milkshake, but it was closed for renovations. we ate at the crepe maker instead and it was so yummy!!
i just realized that this entire post has been about food. more importantly it's about friends and spending time with people who are important to me. melissa and i both said on wednesday night, the important thing in a friendship isn't necessarily how often you see each other but if you can pick up and still be friends after time spent apart. i believe that's the mark of a true friendship. my life is definitely rich in friendship!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That's awesome that you all got together to hang out after all this time...I'm not sure I would have admitted to being out of nursing school for 11 years, tho ;)

Post a Comment