Saturday, March 17, 2012

laundry room redo...

i recently decided that i wanted to fix up my laundry room and make it look a little cuter. with a little help from dad and stacy, i'm so happy with the results!!




so, this is basically what it looked like before. a really cluttered, really plain room. it didn't have any storage except the cabinets over the dryer and i can't reach those without a stool. i wanted to bring some storage into the room and also some color. my first thought was to make a cushion to put on the little bench which up until now has been totally non-functional. after i started thinking about putting a cushion on there i decided to do a curtain to match it as well as paint the bottom of the bench.



i bought this piece from pier one (my fave store!!)


dad built this little shelf that i can reach over my washer and dryer
to hold all my laundry things, and then he hung my
ironing board over the back of one of the doors.



i got this idea off of pinterest on how to store cleaning products


my favorite part of the room!
i painted the bench red and got the letters and fabric from hobby lobby.
dad made the cushion and stacy made the curtain for me.
i absolutely LOVE the way everything turned out!
everything ties together perfectly and my laundry room
is so much prettier than when i started!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

you just inspired me to go clean my laundry room...it's been piling up with random STUFF for months now! thanks!!! cute makeover! love the bench area...great job!!!

Stacy said...

love how it turned out :)

Amy said...

Thanks girls! It really makes me feel better about having to do laundry : )

Post a Comment