Monday, November 21, 2011

piano lessons....

i know i am WAY overdue on updating this blog. i've been crazy busy. one of the things that i've been doing with my time is giving kylie piano lessons! i never in a million years thought i would do that, but i am. stacy asked me one night if i would be interested in teaching kylie and i told her to let me think about it. obviously i have never taught anyone before so i wasn't sure if i would be able to do it or not. it's like teaching someone a brand new language. i called stacy back the next afternoon and left her a message and told her that if kylie was interested we would try it out for awhile. kylie called me that night and was SO excited! she said she couldn't wait to start! mom got out some of my old piano books and we were ready to go.


me and kylie at her first lesson

kylie has been doing so good at the piano! she has really picked it up quickly, and she has an ear for music. she tries to play by ear so i have to make her read her music and then she does a great job. she's learning how to count out her notes and how to put her hands in the correct position. this week she is learning to recognize the different notes on the keyboard. she loves to play her songs for anyone who will listen...i know that's a shock!! : ) it has been so much fun for me to get to share my love of the piano with kylie and to get to see her learn to love it too...before to long i will have taught her all i can and stacy and drew will have to find her a new teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment